David Johnson and Ezekiel Elliot in same backfield

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by SissyBoyFloyd, Sep 9, 2016.

1. SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd Registered

I have them both on my fantasy team, along with Carlos Hyde and Frank Gore. Not a bad backfield, although it did cost me $101 of my $210 CAP Space. Fortunately I got Jordy Nelson, Maclin, Montcrief, K White, and Tate for a total of $32, Greg Olson for $11, and blew most of the rest on Aaron Rogers for $40. I am ready to defend my Fantasy League Title.

I know what some of you smarter ones are thinking. And yes, I did get Alfred Morris as a handcuff for Elliot, and am working on a trade for Chris Johnson and Jimmy Graham. Was lucky to spend my last $1 on Stafford as my backup QB.

As season progresses, I might try to trade Rogers to a team desperate for a QB for one of the top 3 or 4 WRs.

2. Bodha

Bodha Registered

How did you get both guys? They are going back to back #2/#3 in most leagues

3. kerouac9

kerouac9 Blocked by @Cardschatter

Tell me more about your fantasy team, please.

:unsubscribesfromthread:

4. SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd Registered

Our league is a Keeper league with an auction draft, cap space, salary contracts for years 3-5, and other things that make it a very realistic ownership/gm experience.

I grabbed DJ in last season's draft for $4, along with an injured Jordy Nelson for $15, which left me lots of $$ to spend on other players like Elliot and Rogers. I got into a bidding war for Elliot in this year's draft, but didn't mind over paying him for one year or two since I got DJ so cheap. I try to break my salary cap up into position groups, allowing so much for RBs, and so much for WRs, etc.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  5. Bodha

Bodha Registered

Howd you get a top pick then if you won your league last year? Unless you play with nimrods, EZ is a top 3 guy.

edit- just seen the auction draft. Terrible setup. It creates situations like this one where somebody, you, is virtually unbeatable. Cap is irrelevant when you have (projected) 2 of the top 3 FF players in the game.

6. dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks Chopped Liver Moderator Contributor

It is an auction. He was willing to spend the most money for him, so he got him. He has a salary cap just like everyone else.
    Edit, just caught your edit.

7. Bodha

Bodha Registered

Its the Heat championship model.

Who cares if you can afford no bench when you have 3 superstars.

Good leagues should be format in a way to prevent that from happening. Undermines the integrity of the game.

8. SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd Registered

I appreciate your comment, but to me it is like any real NFL team who lucks out in a draft, ie. Brady in the what was it...4th or 6th round? I got lucky taking the rookie RB last year that no one wanted to pay $5 for and who turned out to be the best. All the rest was simply a different philosophy from some of the others that drafted to be the best last season, where I drafted more for the future in bidding for injured players who wouldn't even play last season. It put me in a good position for this season. Winning last season was a fluke really. I certainly didn't have the best ranked team on paper after the first draft. I was rated to come in near the middle of the league. The league is not about who is best this year or last, it is a long term project in managing a team and the challenge of trying to turn yours into an eventual champion.

If players in my league had your attitude about who can win now, half would be quitting from year to year. True some do, but those are just aren't cut out to play Dynasty Football.

You haven't seen how good the other teams in my league are either this year. It will be very hard to repeat as champion. Here is a couple of the other good teams, and as you can see, nothing is a given:

Cam Newton, Carson Palmer

LeSean McCoy

Eddie Lacy

DeMarco Murray

DeAndre Hopkins

Amari Cooper

Keenan Allen, Michael Floyd

Kelvin Benjamin

Jared Cook, Virgil Green

Russell Wilson, Andrew Luck

Todd Gurley

Jeremy Hill

Derrick Henry

Brandon Marshall

T.Y. Hilton

Allen Robinson, Tajae Sharpe

Tyler Eifert, Eric Ebron

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  9. Reign Blood

Reign Blood Tattooed Hundredaire

:biglaugh:
    :biglaugh::biglaugh:

10. SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd Registered

Call me and I will tell you all about it: Joe @ (602) 876-1801

11. SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd Registered

Ha Ha, I am 0-2 to start the season. Went 8-5 last year in regular season. Very competitive league. You need to see the other teams before you crown someone as unbeatable. It was my bench that was so deep last season that won me the championship. This season I tried it the other way, and so far don't like it at all.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  12. SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd Registered

Well, 0-3 now. Expect some blockbuster trades to take place soon.