Dare I say the "T" word . . . ?

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by Ouchie-Z-Clown, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Poop Head

Poop Head Poster formerly known as kingdad

First time I ran it, Suns at #2, Bucks at #13, and Heat at #17 so that gives the Suns all 3 picks. I imagine we could use 2 of them to move from 2 to 1 if we wanted but I wouldn't want to use all 3 to jump one spot.

Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 7.51.20 AM.png

GatorAZ likes this.
  2. pokerface

pokerface Registered

Ouchie...our tank is tanking ...wadda we going to do??

Booker is just too good. :rolleyes:

3. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

THis team is still bad. Just four teams are REALLY bad.

4. pokerface

pokerface Registered

At least the other four have to play each other... somebody has to win. Plus we have yet to play GS four times and a few other toughies. We are still in the hunt just not sure if some of the suns players are going to "cooperate" with our plans.

5. Ouchie-Z-Clown

They won’t ourposefully play poorly and I wouldn’t ask them to do so. I hope this year we lose a lot but our players continue to develop during the course of the season.

6. pokerface

pokerface Registered

I just mean Booker/Warren are good and some other players step up sometimes.

7. Raze

Raze Registered

...and develop a thirst for winning. It's alright to lose when you're outmatched. But go into off season with a laser focus to never be outmatched again. Jordan did it after losing to Detroit. LeBron did it after losing to Dallas. Booker looks like he's ready to do it now.

8. Errntknght

Errntknght Registered User

I think that is too much to hope for. In fact the reason I'm not for tanking this year is that would require our young guys not improve. If they don't improve a fair amount that means our rebuild has stalled at a very low level, meaning we are the disaster most pundits think we are. Monroe looks like he will give us a boost and Sauce should further solidify our frontcourt, and Davon Reed our backcourt when they're fully healthy. I believe Alec Peters will be a positive contributor, too, at a modest level.

The good news, as far as our draft slot goes, is that our schedule gets tougher so we could improve some and not climb much in the standings. The bad news is that when Chandler is well, Len's playing time may drop way off. Also, for one game, Ulis looked more like himself and his play before has been hurting us, as many have noted.

9. Ouchie-Z-Clown

I agree. But the rest of the team has to be ready around him. Booker, as much as I love him, is not a Jordan or lebron. And you have to remember he’s surrounded by babies. The suns are the youngest team in the league.

Raze likes this.
  10. Ouchie-Z-Clown

You realize you just essentially said that every player will pan out and be successful. That never happens.

11. Raze

Raze Registered

Completely agree. But he could be a Paul Pierce, which isn't too shabby. Or even Steph Curry.

The thing that makes Steph able to do so much on O is because he has a stellar D around him. I don't see why Devin couldn't be similar if he had a D minded true PG and a fully developed Josh Jackson.

12. Ouchie-Z-Clown

I’d agree with that.

13. pokerface

pokerface Registered

Big game tonight. Suns vs Bulls. That would be a big LOSS to pull out.

Play Len heavy minutes. I dare him to put together two good games in a row.

14. Errntknght

Errntknght Registered User

Let's see I mentioned Monroe, Sauce, Davon Reed, Ulis and Peters. Yes, its my opinion all of those guys will pan out, to the extent of being positive contributors on a playoff team. Odds are that at most one will develope enough to be a starter on a contending team. Among the guys I didn't mention I'm less sanguine about the chances of Jones Jr, Mike James, Daniels and Chriss panning out to the same extent. One of them is likely to surprise me.

Poop Head likes this.
  15. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Uh that win hurts. Drops us from like 4th worst record to 10th and closer to 12th.

Btw, I typed this in the game thread, thought better of it and moved it here, so no complaining please.