Dare I say the "T" word . . . ?

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by Ouchie-Z-Clown, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

granted we haven't seen the young collegians play a lick of hoops yet, but this seems to be a potentially transcendent class of bigs. And while we have chriss bender big sauce I don't think any of them compare to the potential of porter, Ayton, bagley, and potentially a couple others like bomba.

We are still not a good team. If a quarter of the way through the season we are not much improved (in 8th slot or better) and this college class looks like the real deal I'm all in for one last tank.

DevonCardsFan likes this.
  2. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

As you say, we are not a good team. Even if real tanking was a possibility (which it isn't), we probably don't need to do it.

3. Ronin

Ronin Mad scientist behind the keyboard Contributor

if we tank, gotta wonder how much doing so weighs on the mind of our budding star (Booker)

4. pokerface

pokerface Registered

Last year I wanted a tank right out of the gate but now I don't know. It's f'n gruelling man...Yeah the smart move would be wanting another high pick but I also want to see some potential realized. I want our young guys to impress me.

I just don't know...:shrug:

5. pokerface

pokerface Registered

Not a concern with Booker because he's under contract for a very long time. My concern is more with Bledsoe because he has just two seasons left.

6. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

No tanking!

We have young players. We are going to lose a lot of games this year. But there is no reason to sit players any more. Besides, the only vet that could possibly deserve to be in the starting line up right now is Chandler--and that is not certain. He is declining. Tanking right now would demand playing the vets more, not less.

Try to win every game.

7. Phrazbit

Phrazbit Registered

Yeah... I feel like every year right now there are 3 guys supposedly worth throwing your season away for. We've got a lot of young talent, let them play and try to put them in a position to play as well as possible.

For every Anthony Davis and Karl-Anthony Towns there is a pile of Greg Oden, OJ Mayo, Beasley and Evan Turner. And on top of that, we could go 0-82 and our most likely draft slot is still 4th.

If we're flat out lousy at the trade deadline, blow it up, send all the vets away for whatever you can get and let the chips fall where they may, but don't sit productive young players.

Poop Head and leclerc like this.
  8. SirStefan32

SirStefan32 Krycek, Alex Krycek

No tanking, please. Enough is enough.

BC867 and Mainstreet like this.
  9. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

Agree. No tanking early on.

However, if the Suns are lousy at the trade deadline I have no problem with them parting with some older players like Chandler, Dudley and perhaps Bledsoe.

10. SirStefan32

SirStefan32 Krycek, Alex Krycek

I agree, but I don't think shipping them off will make them that much worse for the rest of the season. All that will do is remove any shred of veteran leadership they have on the team.

11. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

My preference would be to tank for one more season but I think the team takes a couple steps forward this year. Booker will be entering his 3rd year, Warren 4th and Bledsoe won't be intentionally sat down again.

I think the teams that will be worse are LA, SAC, DAL, CHI, IND, BRK and maybe a couple more. Hoping to get lucky in the lottery for once.

12. Errntknght

Errntknght Registered User

I don't know, guys, keeping Watson at the helm is semi--tanking and if the incoming draft class is as good as you seem to think, it's no time for half measures. The problem is that we have enough talent on the team that they could play well in spite of Earl - the players will not be tanking in any circumstance. Without Brandon Knight we only have only Len as a sure fire tanking piece - and its possible the light will come on for him at long last.

Its a different topic but for Len's own sake I hope he jumps to Europe or China - for whatever reason he is declining here so he needs a fresh start. I'm a bit surprised he didn't get some kind of an offer but I suppose every team figured if they offered what he was worth the Suns would match, so why bother.

13. DevonCardsFan

DevonCardsFan Registered User

I am all for tanking land a big!

14. Superbone

Superbone Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan

Did I miss something, was Bledsoe traded? That's why I wouldn't mind a Bledsoe trade for even more youth and picks. Then roll out the young guys and have them do their best. We will naturally have a bad record and high lottery pick. Bledsoe is the only one I think that could bump up our record into a lower lottery pick.

Bledsoe has been a pro. Get him to a contender where he can thrive.

15. pokerface

pokerface Registered

The suns are just going to have to play it out. They will lose due to youth but maybe have enough natural talent to win a few as well. I'd rather see them win despite the lottery because I'm sick of them losing. I'd like to see them get some confidence out there.