Daily check-in

Discussion in 'Body and Health' started by CQ, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Dude

Dude Registered

I'm happy for my boy. He benched 225 today. The old two plates. Welcome to the club young man.

:thumbup:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    Linderbee likes this.
  2. Dude

Dude Registered

My son did his first ever squat max today. He has been doing squats we just haven't max him on it before. I was shocked to see him do 320 pounds. At his age and size that's really good.

:rockon:

AZ Native likes this.
  3. Bada0Bing

Bada0Bing Don't Stop Believin'

Nice! Those days are long gone for me, but I still remember the beautiful sound of those 45 pound plates clanging together at 225. 3 plates on the squat was even better.

4. Dude

Dude Registered

Thank you very much. Keep up the hard work you're in amazing shape.

5. Bada0Bing

Lifetime Fitness closed the lap pool this morning. I felt like giving up and going home, but I jumped in the family pool and did 20 minutes of drills instead. Gotta keep grinding.

Linderbee likes this.
  6. Bada0Bing

My son runs for NAU. His coach has a piece of advice for when you you're not sure what to do. If you're cruising during a race and you're not sure what to do... he says "hit the gas". If you're trying to catch the group and you're not sure when to go... "hit the gas". When you're battling with someone and you're not sure when to make your move... "hit the gas".

I was struggling the other day 2 miles into a swim workout. I felt like calling it a day. Then I thought about my son's coach's advise and just hit the gas. Pretty dumb I know, but I found another gear I didn't was there. I love this stuff...mind over matter. You never know what you can do... cheesy i know

Linderbee likes this.
  7. Bada0Bing

@azmike74 So I've been doing some running on the Maricopa Trail around Verrado and the White Tank Park. It looks like a couple miles north of the White Tank Park the trail is pretty tame.

I'd love to take my 11 year-old daughter MTB riding, but the first couple miles north of the White Tank Park is gonna be too challenging for her. Do you know where I can access the trail north of the White Tank Park?

I've tried looking online, but I can't find anything. I don't mind driving all the way to Bell or farther if we can find access to a flat section of the trail.

8. azmike74

azmike74 Registered

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with that section, and I've not found the parking information to be too helpful when I've looked in the past. I checked here https://www.maricopacountyparks.net/assets/1/6/regional-trail-white-tank-grand-11x17.pdf and again, not much help. I would think there would be a place to park near Bell road, but other than that, they have the trailhead way up by Grand Ave.
    Good luck, hope you find a good place to bike, just a thought, but there are a lot of mtb trails out by Estrella Mountain Ranch, but I've never ridden there so I don't know how technical they are, and you've probably already considered them.

9. Bada0Bing

Thanks Mike. I might drive up to Bell tomorrow for my trail run and see what the trail looks like up there. I'll try Grand too.

Yep, I've ridden Estrella quite a bit. Way too technical for my daughter unfortunately. The FINS track is up there. I'm not a MTB trail expert, but that track is pretty awesome.

10. Bada0Bing

Looks like you've been riding off the 51 lately. How do you like those trails? That's in my backyard after work. I might need to bring my MTB to work and check out those trails. I have a MTB triathlon in June and I need to get some offroad practice!

11. azmike74

azmike74 Registered

In my opinion the east side of the 51 is much more rideable. I tried the west side of the 51 this morning and there are some steep hills that I had to hike my bike up. Nothing terribly stupid, but a bit too much for me today. I'll give them another try soon. After work on the weekdays, it's not too crowded, but this morning was really busy with hikers and I'm pretty conscientious so I'll slow down, if not stop to allow hikers go by.
    I think it would be a good spot to get in some training because there are many trails to choose from. You can mix it up, choose flats, or choose challenging climbs. The trails are a bit more rocky than I prefer, and I've been beaten up on my hardtail in a few spots, but I've enjoyed the riding out there so far. It's on my way home from work also, so I've been stopping off on the way home too.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018 at 3:16 PM