Current Strikes

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by Chris_Sanders, Jul 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders Super Moderator Contributor

CURRENT STRIKES
    carrrnuttt: 02/08/18 (x1)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2018
    Bert likes this.
  2. Chris_Sanders

OUTS

dbackjon: x1 (12/8/17--one week)
    Dude: x1 (12/18/17 - one week)

AZCards21 x3 (perma-ban from P&R)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2018
    Bert likes this.
  3. Chris_Sanders

After some discussion amongst the mods, Southpaw's two month board ban has been reduced to 3 strikes from P&R only. He will move to 2 strikes on July 22nd and be able to post in P&R then.

Part of this review included examining the circumstances of the incident. It was decided BigRedRage should be given a strike as well.

Finally, if you report a post using words like "favoritism" or "this is what Jim Skane would want", that is a sure fire way to irritate the moderators of this board. We do our best to be impartial and allow free discussion on any banning. In addition, since most of us were made moderators by Jim Skane, I am pretty sure we have a firm grasp as to what his intentions were.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
    Bert likes this.
  4. Chris_Sanders

I can tell it is July. No Cardinals, Suns, Coyotes, or College Football. What to do? Oh I know, go piss people off in P&R.

Bert likes this.
  5. Chris_Sanders

It's the most wonderful time of the year....

Bert likes this.
  6. LVG

LVG Who?! Contributor

Recently, the P&R Mods have seen an increase in trolling, vitriol, and rule violations on the P&R Board. This increased trolling, vitriol, and rule violations has led to more bans. In order to mitigate this increased trolling, vitriol, and rule violations, the P&R Mods have discussed and agreed upon a change in the Three Strikes Rule, effective immediately.

This rule clarifies what constitutes a strike, when a strike expires, and when a poster may be permanently banned from the P&R Board for excessive strikes over a 6 month time period.

The new rule is as follows:

For any violation of the site rules or the P&R Board rules:

A. A moderator may, at their sole discretion, award a poster a strike.

B. Strikes are effective for 1 month. After 1 month, the strike expires.

C. Should a poster be given 3 strikes, he or she shall be given an Out.

D. An Out shall result in the poster being temporarily or permanently banned from the P&R Board, depending on the amount of Outs the poster has accumulated in the previous 6 month period, as measured from the day the last strike that resulted in an Out was given.
    D(1). The first set of 3 strikes will result in a 1 week ban and the accumulation of an "Out." The strikes will expire when the ban expires.

D(2). The second set of 3 strikes will result in a 4 week ban and the accumulation of a second "Out." The strikes will expire when the ban expires.

D(3). The third set of 3 strikes will result in an accumulation of a 3rd Out, which results in a permanent ban from P&R.

D(4). Outs will expire after 6 months from when the Out was awarded.
    E. Excessive Strikes Leading to an Out. In the event that a poster accumulates numerous strikes that exceed the 3 strikes necessary to be awarded an Out, the excessive Strikes shall expire 1 month after their award, not when the ban expires.
    E(1). Example: Poster has 2 previous Strikes within the last month. He has no previous Outs. He writes a post on 4/25 that has 2 strikes for profanity and personal insult.

Under this Rule, the Poster is awarded an Out for the 2 previous strikes and profanity. This results in a 1 week ban, and the 3 strikes that lead to his Out expire on 5/2. His personal insult strike will expire on 5/25.

E(2). Example: Poster has 2 previous Strikes within the last month. He has no previous Outs. He writes a post on 4/25 that is awarded 3 strikes for profanity, personal insult, and threat of violence against another poster.

Under this Rule, the Poster is awarded 2 Outs. The first is because he accumulated 3 strikes (the previous 2 strikes and the profanity strike). A threat of violence is an automatic third strike, which accumulates in a second out. The personal insult strike will expire on 5/25.
    F. Time. Time is measured from the day the Strike or Out is awarded through the same day on the following month.
    F(1). Example: if a Strike is awarded on 4/25, the awarded Strike remains effective through 5/25 or until the ban that resulted is completed. If an Out is awarded on 4/25, the awarded Out remains effective through 10/25.
    G. No Outs as of Adoption of this Rule. Regardless of previous bans or strikes, no poster is considered to have any Outs accumulated as of the date of adoption of this Rule. Previous strikes are still in effect, subject to the Rule.

Bert, Southpaw and jf-08 like this.
  7. Linderbee

Linderbee Let's GO, CARDINALS! Contributor

ALL--I've banned both REEEE and BlackMess as they are purely nothing but trolls. Enjoy your free month. Should either re-reg I'll just ban all accounts forever.

THAT SAID, MANY of you broke our rules with name calling, attacking the poster, etc. Quite frankly, I don't have the time nor inclination to sift through all this b.s. and award all the strikes that should be awarded. You all know who you are. Do me a favor and "like" my post so I know you saw this, read it, and are giving me an assurance that you'll try harder to behave. :p

Consider this an early Christmas present, because most of you could have earned a full-on week or more ban.

8. LVG

LVG Who?! Contributor

Given the trolling accounts as of late and the racist undertones, I am adopting a zero tolerance policy for all new accounts.

I want to second Linder's post - for established users that other posters disagree with, it does not give those other posters free reign to troll the minority poster's viewpoint. Strikes will be swiftly handed out, along with bans if need be.

Civil discourse is the rule here people, not the exception.

9. LVG

LVG Who?! Contributor

After consideration, I have determined that recent posts I have made were offensive and are not what the posters expect from moderators.

Thus, I give myself a 1 week ban from the site, with the ban’s end on Saturday, May 19.

Moderators must hold themselves to a higher standard than posters. It is a standard that I do not impose on others but rather impose on myself. I cannot ask others to abide by the TOS if I do not hold myself to an ideal above those standards.

No other moderator made this decision. It was and is mine and mine alone.

I will remain in a moderating capacity during my self-imposed ban, but will not post. Practically, what this means is that I will remained empowered to take moderator actions if absolutely necessary but voluntarily refrain from posting.

jf-08, Absolute Zero and cardncubfan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.