Chriss to be suspended 1 game

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by SweetD, Feb 3, 2018.

1. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

If you think the Suns are what a functional franchise looks like, you’re drinking drano.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    BC867 likes this.
  2. SirStefan32

SirStefan32 Krycek, Alex Krycek

Marbury and his DUI, Uncle Cliffy getting busted with weed too. If I remember correctly, there was something with Penny Hardaway and a gun in a domestic violence incident too. Barkley had some incidents too, though he calmed down a lot by the time he got to Phoenix.

3. Errntknght

Errntknght Registered User

Under Triano the team isn't dysfunctional but under Watson it likely would be. It's young and inconsistent, even discounting for their youth - their defensive efforts are erratic. It's hard to get a read on most of the players, too. Ulis fell off dramatically from last year, Chiss seems to be less mature and Bender is still just showing flashes on offense. Jackson is settling down the last few games but before that the only good thing about his game was his effort. Williams, Reed and Peters haven't played a significant amount. Who knows what's going on in Len's mind. Hopefully, by season's end we'll have some clarity. Right now, it's very hard to imagine this group contending in three/four years, even adding a good PG. A deep but average team is my guess... hopefully, I'm wrong.

4. Poop Head

Poop Head Poster formerly known as kingdad

Tough time for Chriss to be suspended. I don't imagine this will help his trade value, if he had any before this incident. I don't think he was being shopped but I imagine he was available for the right price. The Suns need to move him before he ruins whatever value he has. He has 2 full years on his rookie contract so it's important they move him next year before he's viewed as a rental. A change of scenery might help him. He has to be one of the worst starters in the league right now. His attitude has only gotten worse despite being given more opportunities than his playing time has earned him.

5. ColdPickleNachos

ColdPickleNachos Registered

I think trading Chriss now would be a mistake. He's really young, and he's also relatively inexperienced as a basketball player. When I was looking at Aaron Gordon, his first couple of seasons are fairly similar to Chriss' statistically. I don't think it's incredibly unlikely Chriss can still turn into a plus starter. I'd love to see what he can do playing alongside a quality facilitating point guard.

CardsSunsDbacks and leclerc like this.
  6. SirStefan32

SirStefan32 Krycek, Alex Krycek

Maybe the coaches just need to tell him they love him? #EarltheLovebugWatson

7. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

Conflicting views but I like both rationales.

I'd trade Chriss and a pick if it helped the Suns get a pick in the top 7 or so.

8. ColdPickleNachos

ColdPickleNachos Registered

To be clear, I would trade Chriss, Warren, a pick, and my right arm to get into the top 7.

Mainstreet likes this.
  9. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

Hmm. Not bad enough. :p

10. NashDishesDimes

NashDishesDimes Registered

Yeah i really dont like this guy. When he showed up to camp fat in his second year in the league I concluded that. His ceiling is now based purely on athleticism as he clearly doesnt have his head on straight.

11. Poop Head

Poop Head Poster formerly known as kingdad

It depends on the return. If they could get a late lottery pick for him, I'd be all for it. I doubt he could get that though, regardless of this suspension. I wonder what sort of value he'd have packaged with one of our other draft picks in order for the Suns to move to up with that pick. I'd gladly trade him for #8, which is where he was selected. I'd trade him for a 2019 pick from any team that is lottery team this year, even with some protection like top 7, so the pick couldn't be higher than where he was selected.

12. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

I’m glad you would take anything like the above, but No one is going to give us anything close to that... nor should they.

13. overseascardfan

overseascardfan Registered User

Immaturity (lack of discipline) & lack of motor were a couple of knocks coming out of college. Those are 2 red flags that are usually hard to overcome with young players.

14. leclerc

leclerc The smooth operator

On the plus side he has played better recently, cut down on his complaining to the zebras, and I think the fat part was with the intention of bulking up quickly. I would trade him for a top 7 but I don't just want to give him away either.

Too bad Bender didn't grab the starting PF position when he had the chance. Guess he was too timid in addition to lacking strength.

I don't think Chriss is anywhere close to the moronic level of the doobie brothers though.

Sign cry+smile x10

Mainstreet and ColdPickleNachos like this.
  15. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

Looks like Bender might want to grab the starting 5 position. Of course its very early and these things do fizzle.