CD Release Dates

Discussion in 'Music' started by Griffin, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Griffin

Griffin Registered

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  2. vince56

vince56 Registered

I like your style, Griffin. I'm interested in the new DT, I'm wondering what style this album is gonna be in. They went with really long and heavy songs on the last one, I'm hoping for some shorter songs with more melody on this one. Well, shorter than 13 min a piece!

3. Griffin

Griffin Registered

Regarding Dream Theater, with only eight songs on the album, i'm guessing a few of them will be long. From the very little that the band have said so far, it's going to be a little bit of everything. Personally, I like the kind of songs on Awake, where you have heavy/fast and slow/melodic passages within the same song. But i don't expect them to ever repeat themselves, so i really don't expect the cd to sound too close to anything they've done before.

The other cd i'm really looking forward to is Porcupine Tree's Deadwing. Any PT fans here?

4. KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie Going Old School! Contributor

Thanks for posting that link.... Would you object if I made it a "sticky" for on top of this forum since it is an extremely valuable resource? What motivated you to maintain such a site (compile all of that)? I echo what Vince said about you having great taste in music....

Anyways....I'm intrigued about Fantomas (intrigued on what direction they'll take on this new album), Nine Inch Nails (even the brief sampling on their website "spikes" my interest since Reznor is always ahead of the pack), and Jerry Cantrell (wondering if it will be a "quasi" AIC reunion or if Mike Bordin, Chris DeGarmo (probably not enough time because of his commitments w/Queensryche), and Robert Trujillo will join forces with him again).... True, I know Trujillo is now in Metallica, but I dont believe they will conflict with anything... Just Cantrell's vocals seemed to have been more dynamic on his past album compared to what it was like on "Boggy Depot"... He probably sounded the best that he has since "Dirt".....

Last edited: Mar 30, 2005
  5. KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie Going Old School! Contributor

If anyone wants a link so you could sample these following new albums (before you purchase them, if you already havent) in its entirety, please let me know and I'll IM it to you...

Would post the link, however, theyre against "Hot-Linking" and dont want to violate that...

1) "With Teeth" Nine Inch Nails
    2) "Make Believe" Weezer
    3) "Bleed Like Me" Garbage
    4) "Hotel" Moby
    5) "Joe Perry" Joe Perry (yeah...from Aerosmith)
    6) "Stabbing The Drama" Soliwork
    7) "Frances The Mute" The Mars Volta
    8) "The Beekeeper" Tori Amos
    9) "Waiting for the Sirens' Call" New Order
    10)"Stand Up" Dave Matthews Band

There are several newer c.d.s in full length on there, but listed the ones I thought would be of more of an interest to everyone, so please feel free to ask me to IM you any of the links of your own choosing.......

Edit: That site also updates their site on nearly a daily basis, so will keep you posted of any more c.d.s that are added on to their already extensive collection (again just for sampling purposes)....

6. Griffin

Griffin Registered

Sorry, kinda forgot about this thread and forum during the Suns playoff run.

I have updated the top post with some new upcoming cd's. The page I maintain is updated on regular basis. Feel free to sticky the thread if you still want to. As far as motivation goes, I have been collecting cd's for many years now, so I would always keep track of upcoming release dates of my favorite bands. I put the page online thinking maybe someone else would find it useful. As soon as I put it online, I started keeping track of bands I don't even listen to (or not yet) so the list kept growing.

I have planned on redesigning the whole thing in jsp to enable searching and filtering. If I get bored enough this summer, I might still do that.

7. O

O LD @ F.O.H.

I'm looking forward to the new Anthony Hamilton release, SoulLife, at the end of the month, June 28th.

8. jstadvl

jstadvl R U gonna B My Girl

Anyone

picked any of these up yet?
    I got the Stones, Clapton, Spoon. They're all good.
    What about DP. I liked Bananas!
    And Joe Perry. Worth a listen?

9. jstadvl

AnyBODY

heard the new Stephen Stills or Neil Young LP's?

10. AzCards21

AzCards21 Registered User

There are new ones?

I was looking forward to the new Nickle Back album until they played Photograph to death over the last month. Now I'm kinda hesitant.

11. jstadvl

Yea

Young's is supposed to kind of complete the triology of Harvest, Harvest Moon and the new one. I liked the other two but didn't want to kick out the cash without a review or listen.
    Stills, I've heard some blurbs and though his voice isn't as strong as it once was, he still sounds good. It's probably his best work since mananas. But I've only heard pieces. I'd like a review on him also.

12. AzCards21

AzCards21 Registered User

Wow, How do you hear this stuff? Is it on the radio, internet or what? It's not on KUPD I can gaurantee that. :D

13. jstadvl

The Stephen

Stills album is a woderful piece with guest appearances by so many great musicians. Good to hae him back. The love somgs, political nd social songs, with Latino, Island, rock blues and jazz infleneces. This is a must have.
    Funny how Crosby and Nash put out theirs-2disc very good album.
    Young puts out his and if it;s the third of the "Harvest" trilogy and cna hold it's own what an album it'll be.
    Stills then puts his out with help from the other three. Do I sense a C,S,N,Y
    reunion? Loord I hope so.

14. Griffin

Griffin Registered

updated the first post... what major upcoming rock cd's am i missing from the list?

15. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

Why only rock?