Cardinals' HC Search Thoughts Part IV

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Mitch, Jan 12, 2018.

1. BillsCarnage

BillsCarnage Registered

That practice bubble at HQ would need to double in size for those egos. :D

Ohcrap75 likes this.
  2. BigRedRage

BigRedRage badass Contributor

meh on Horton. Is he even employed?

Southpaw likes this.
  3. Southpaw

Southpaw Provocateur aka Wallyburger Contributor

wrong thread

4. TheCardFan

TheCardFan Things have changed.

Horton did well here but thought he left on bad terms? He runs a 3-4...which is a positive.

5. MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease Moderator Contributor

Yeah I'm starting to like the idea of Wilks as well. I think he is what the doctor ordered.

6. Buckybird

Buckybird Hoist the Lombardi Trophy

I’m very nervous about this hire because we either stay on course with solid, stay stable to very good years of winning or we nosedive!

Hasn’t Shurmur been a coach on some bad teams & offenses outside of the last couple of years in Vikingland? I’m very not sold on what would probably be his QBs: Keenam who has stunk his whole career & has a good 11 games. Didn’t we learn our lesson with Gabbert? Teddy hasn’t been all that impressive throwing the rock at all during his career & hes 2 years removed from a catastrophic leg injury. I’m sorry but I’m passing on him. Bradford has been the most consistent of those guys but he’s injury prone & the Captain of the checkdown pass. Hmmm

Wilks I don’t know much about other than Carolinas defenses were pretty good. As far as Shula being an OC I’ve never been impressed with his offenses! Outside of 1 year when Scam tore up the league, he’s coached some bad teams & offenses as well imo.

Which leads us to Munch. He’s always been on some pretty good teams as a player & coach. More proven, better track record, less moving, more stability imo. We know for a fact he would improve this Oline somehow someway. Who could he get as OC & DC? I’d luv to see Haley paired with him regardless of the supposed problems many have stated. Haley has won & been a successful OC & coach in nearly every team he’s been with.

With that said I’d lean toward Munch because our Oline has been a mess for years & years, probably keeping us from winning a Super Bowl & possibly many rings. Bring in Haley & let Munchak get the DC he sees fit.

The next 5, maybe 10 years depend on which future QB the Cards draft...Keims job relies on it as well. The next Head Coaches job sure does. It’s time to get tough & nasty!!!

7. Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones Has No Time For Love

Is he Out Totally?

#HadToDoIt
    #SorryMitch

8. Arz101

Arz101 Registered

Horton is kumbaya from NFL. Not sure he would command any respect straight up as DC. May be work through positional coaching positions

9. BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan Go for it Contributor

The more I read about him the more I like him. He could be a Tomlin type for us if we get lucky.
    Depends on who he can bring as the OC.

10. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

Heard hub arkush on Chicago radio today. They asked him about bettcher and how would he measure up against Fangio. He replied he would take Fangio based on past success but that Bettcher was right up there with him. Hmmm...

daves likes this.
  11. oaken1

oaken1 Stone Cold

aint none of it matters...
    we are gonna end up with whoever is left..
    mike and steve will drag their feet until everyone else is hired, then convince themselves they did their due diligence and this was fate.
    then in the press conference they will claim this was their top guy from the get go...
    and we will convince ourselves that is true

sympatico, same'ol cardinals...

12. Harry

Harry ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer

I’m guessing in part 5 Mitch will predict Daenerys Targaryen, Mother of Dragons will be the next HC.

13. oaken1

oaken1 Stone Cold

after all the other candidates meat her at the owners meeting and battle for the right to rule... the war of the five coaches...

14. BillsCarnage

BillsCarnage Registered

I wouldn't sweat it yet. Teams don't let coaches they want go. I wouldn't trust NY media one bit. Remember Schwartz was supposed to be the Giants coach just a week or two ago. There's likely a wink and nod agreement, but no one can be hired because of the PO's. There are a lot of qualified candidates this year.

The only thing the Cards really need to avoid is getting into a bidding war for a coach.

15. iLLmatiC

iLLmatiC 2016 Cardinals season in a nutshell

I don't mind their due diligence. A billion dollar company doesn't hire a director after one interview.

b8rtm8nn and cardncubfan like this.