Border Militia leader shoots four in Gilbert

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by Dback Jon, May 2, 2012.

1. crisper57

crisper57 Open the Roof!

BTW all this labeling and finger-pointing is just a human reaction to an unspeakable tragedy. If we can label things, we can give them reason. If we can find a reason, we can process it. I think that's what we are all doing right now, helping each other find meaning in all this.

And by the looks of things, our little community is starting to come to the conclusion that there is no rhyme or reason or for this tragedy, no matter how hard we look for one. But that doesn't mean we won't stop looking.

2. Gaddabout

Gaddabout Plucky Comic Relief Contributor

I dunno. How many people did Lenin/Stalin kill just to stay in power?

Your timeline into politically-motivated homicidal/genocidal craziness is too small a sample. You're just looking at the most organized of the bunch, which would be the ******s at NSM. In the history of humanity, when conventional/civilized politics fail A's ability to get B to do what B would not otherwise do, violence quite often ensues. This is why ANY philosophy attached to some idea of cosmic manifest destiny should scare the hell out of all of us.

3. Gaddabout

Anarchy is recognized as a temporary state, not a formal one. It cannot be sustained. Anarchy comes and quickly dissipates because people quickly form groups as a form of survival and safety. The closest thing to anarchy is Ethiopia, but there's clearly an organizational structure there -- or structures -- albeit violent, factioned ones. The reason anarchy is listed in the middle of that chart is because it generally organizes into one of the structures on the perimeter ... usually to the left, and not the right.

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  4. Gaddabout

The Arizona GOP is definitely out of its mind, but its connections to these groups is more of a blindspot, IMO, than a holistic agreement on worldview. They often speak the same language, which allows NSM to blend in with the GOP on occasion.

I have no less criticism for the Arizona GOP for their failure to recognize this relationship. At best, it's shameful naivete' from a group that claims to have the best understanding of how the world works. The Arizona GOP needs to be torn down and rebuilt from scratch.

5. 82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad 7 x 70 Contributor

THIS!

And truthfully, with all too rare exceptions, the broader GOP party itself needs to be rebuilt. Of course, I feel the same about the Democratic Party as well... but, I guess that's an entire separate topic/thread... :bang:

6. Gaddabout

Exclusive FBI tells 12 News, neo-Nazi J.T. Ready was under a criminal domestic terrorism investigation at the time of his death.

7. 82CardsGrad

I keep hearing things like this (that he was being "watched"... "investigated"...), yet, there he was sitting on a mountain of military grade ammo... How does this happen with someone who is supposedly being watched/investigated??

8. Gaddabout

He was probably supplied by operatives to see where and what he was going to do with it.

9. 82CardsGrad

Hmmm.... guess that's possible and I really hope that's the case. Otherwise, I have serious questions about him being watched/investigated...

10. Gaddabout

He was not accepted by national NSM leaders. They viewed him as a whacko, which is saying something. I'm certain the concern that he was really coming off the hinges and starting his own new thing on the border. Something that included a full compliment of military-grade explosives. He's the type of guy that could start a literal war between U.S/Mexico.

11. Gaddabout

12. 82CardsGrad

13. RedStorm

RedStorm Next NY Gov Contributor

Yep. Your right. I thought that was his friends house who went with him on patrols.

14. BigRedRage

BigRedRage badass Contributor

Makes sense to me

15. RedStorm

RedStorm Next NY Gov Contributor

So, he only associated with whatever party he thought would further his whatever. So, we shouldn't paint the larger party with his actions. Be it Rep, Dem or Indy. Like Matt said...crazy doesn't have political borders.