Bob Iger Says Star Wars and Marvel Movies Will Continue Forever

Discussion in 'Movies and Entertainment' started by Brian in Mesa, Jan 28, 2016.

1. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

I think on a TV screen, it'll be pretty underwhelming.

2. Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa BIM™ Contributor

Next year it'll be the 10th anniversary and some theaters will probably play it again on their big screen. Maybe we'll catch it then. LOL

3. puckhead

puckhead Waxing Gibbous Contributor

Good post, Oak. :thumbup:

Harry Potter just never did it for me. Not a hater, just not my cup of tea. The couple of movies I saw were fine, I just never connected to the characters enough to care to see what happened next.

4. oaken1

oaken1 Stone Cold

I think in order to connect with the characters in HP, you really need to see the movies in order...get to know the kids when they are younger... seeing how Harry is treated at home creates a more sympathetic appeal and helps to explain his passive nature and insecurities.
    a series like that, its important to remember, isnt 8 separate stories...its one story broken into 8 parts...so watching from the beginning is important for continuity as well as character development.

5. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

Interestingly I enjoyed the first 5 Harry Potter’s but then they all just kinda merged into one long boring meh for me.

6. Dback Jon

Dback Jon Killer Snail Contributor

I can see that - I don't care for Book 5 as much, Book 6 I enjoy. Book 7 was a good read first time through, but she got GRRM disease and tried to cram too much into it.

7. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

I love all the books. 5 is extremely long, but since I love the world so much, I don't mind hanging out in it longer than normal. Like it is with most books, a lot of the side stuff in the longer books is tougher to swallow. Book 5 is especially guilty of this. There is an entire major subplot that the movie doesn't even mention.

8. Dback Jon

Dback Jon Killer Snail Contributor

Book 5 makes me physically sick. Seriously. The way that Umbridge treats Harry, and Minister Fudge, etc - reading effects me so much I get ill.

9. Covert Rain

Covert Rain Father smelt of elderberries!

Going on forever is not really the problem. I am happy about that. The problem is making sure that you don't churn and burn. You do that, you will get movie fatigue and nobody will care about the brand. All I have heard for the last 4 years is there will be Super Hero burnout. Yet, if a movie is good fans are still seeing them.

Same goes with Star Wars. If they don't want to ruin it, take your time, make a quality product and I could care less how many movies they make. Seeing Star Wars movies is still "an event". Just don't screw it up by releasing two movies a year with 3 TV Shows all at the same time or you will.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    oaken1 and Ouchie-Z-Clown like this.