Big PP21

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by BigRedRage, Feb 9, 2018.

1. cardncubfan

cardncubfan H

Okay. Now I understand.

2. unseenaz

unseenaz Registered

yup.. idk what else he can do besides intercept any ball thrown in his general vicinity

daves likes this.
  3. BigRedRage

BigRedRage badass Contributor

I dunno if its banned but I figured if I made the subject BIG PUSS 21 it woulda been closed.

4. BigRedRage

BigRedRage badass Contributor

:mulli:

5. TJ

TJ The Chosen One

You're looking for something that simply doesn't exist. Norman saying Wilks is going to take Peterson to the next level is superficial. It's also validation that P2 is respected in the league by some of the more recognizable names in the NFL. He gets plenty of love and support by players on the team. Fitz constantly praises PP's competitiveness in practice.

Frankly, I don't give a **** about those rankings. I saw Rhodes and Ramsay get targeted and torched plenty in the playoffs. This is not saying they're bad because they are top-tier CBs, but clearly, Brees, Foles, and Brady had no problem throwing in their direction frequently.

Here's a parsimonious way of evaluating Peterson: He covers #1 WRs. He takes them out of the game more often than not, which alters many OC's game plans. He's rarely targeted in games. You evaluate PP21 like you do an elite left tackle. If his name isn't called, he did an excellent job.

wa52lz, daves, cardncubfan and 3 others like this.
  6. kerouac9

kerouac9 Blocked by @Cardschatter

This thread is dumb. In 2017 (last time data is available), Peterson was involved in 14 run plays, stopped 64% of them (9th in the NFL), and allowed 6.0 Rush Yards on tackles (28). Mitch's smear that Peterson doesn't "snuff out screens" is an assertion without evidence — similar to what he offered when Karlos Dansby came back and proceeded to snuff out screens all season long.

Peterson doesn't get involved in many run plays because he's busy covering the WR running down the field. You can't plan press man coverage with your eyes on the QB.

DVontel, daves, Cardiac and 1 other person like this.
  7. Mitch

Mitch Crawled Through 5 FB Fields

You obviously don't watch the games or watch what you want to watch. Very typical.

8. DVontel

DVontel Registered

Yea, I don’t remember Ramsey getting torched at all by anybody in the playoffs.

But yea, it is sad how some don’t appreciate Peterson’s value enough. Constantly taking out #1s is a very tough task for anybody. Unless he washed up, Keim deserves to be fired for even thinking about trading PP21.

daves likes this.
  9. kerouac9

kerouac9 Blocked by @Cardschatter

Please highlight some example plays.

10. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

I think Mitch's gripe is more about the progression of a play once somebody else has failed in their responsibility and Peterson's efforts to rectify the mistake with a tackle. Personally, I do not see Peterson's lack of physical play even as a remote concern in comparison to his own responsibilities which I find exemplary

daves likes this.
  11. az jam

az jam Registered User

Patrick Peterson has been in the NFL for 7 years and has been selected to 7 Pro Bowls. IMO he is the best shutdown CB in the NFL. I could care less how some stupid sports sites rate players. He is a team captain of the Cards and one of their leaders. If he continues on course he will be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

daves, AZfaninMN, cardncubfan and 2 others like this.
  12. Red Bird

Red Bird Rookie

I saw "Big PP" and thought maybe the OP was trying to insinuate that Peterson had a big dong :shrug:

unseenaz likes this.