Big $$ League

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Shane, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Shane

Shane Current STAR Contributor

My team ended up as follows:

QB:
    Blake Bortles
    Andy Dalton

RB:
    Doug Martin
    Lesean McCoy
    Jay Ajayi
    Derrick Henry

WR:
    Antonio Brown
    Allan Robinson
    Sammy Watkins
    John Brown

TE:
    Gary Barnidge
    Tyler Eifert

D:
    Carolina
    Pitt

K:
    Catanzaro
    Janikowski

PPR league with 10 teams... Thoughts?? We start 1QB 1RB 1WR 2 FLEX 1TE K and D

2. Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen Moderator Contributor

Do you have to carry two kickers? Can you drop one and add a handcuff RB or a high-potential rookie receiver or something until the bye?

3. Shane

Shane Current STAR Contributor

I can totally drop

4. Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen Moderator Contributor

I think it is worth considering, especially because you are in a ten team league. There are probably some undrafted guys who have potential. Here are my draft results, for comparison (ten teams, but Standard).

Starters

QB Carson Palmer
    RB David Johnson
    RB Ezekiel Elliott
    WR Mike Evans
    WR Randall Cobb
    TE Antonio Gates
    FLEX Jamaal Charles
    K Mason Crosby
    DST Vikings

Bench

WR Tyler Lockett
    WR Sterling Shepard
    QB Eli Manning
    RB Charles Sims
    RB Tevin Coleman
    RB Jerick McKinnon
    RB Christine Michael

I knew that QBs tend to go high in my league and guessed that people would go after WRs earlier this year than usual because of all the RB injuries last year. I felt like there is a lot of WR depth and because I had the #8 pick, I knew I wouldn't get Brown, Beckham, or Jones. So the plan was to get the best backs I could early, then build more RB depth later on. I never thought I'd get DJ, Elliott, and Jamaal Charles, but that's how it played out.

The RBs on my bench are guys I think could end up with a lot of work if the top back on their teams gets hurt or proves to have been a fluke last year. I also have Spencer Ware, Devontae Booker, and DeAndre Washington, as undrafted players on my watch list.

So I think if you have the chance to put one of those guys on your roster in place of a kicker, it could pay off if someone gets hurt. You'd then automatically get another option as a quality starter or someone you can trade to the player who didn't handcuff his RBs.

PS. I didn't intend to draft Cardinals (too much stress on my heart and I don't want to think about rooting for individual players IRL), but they were good values.