Best Player in the Draft that is NOT a Quarterback

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by RugbyMuffin, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Mitch

Mitch Crawled Through 5 FB Fields

:yeahthat:

Finito likes this.
  2. Ohcrap75

Ohcrap75 Registered

Him and Vita Vea are two of the strongest players I have ever watched on tape. If Nelson gets his hands on his opponent, it's over. I have seen multiple plays where Vea literally threw his blocker at the ball carrier. Neither one would be the sexy pick, but they enforce their will every single down.

Finito and Southpaw like this.
  3. BW52

BW52 Registered

I would love to see Cards draft Quinton Nelson.Boehm can go back to Center where he is most effective .Cards OLINE gets immmediately better.Cards can sign a caretaker QB and draft a young QB to develop after RD 1.I think all the top QB prospects will be gone before pick #15 anyway.Cards need CBs also but there are several top Quality CBs who can help in RDs 3-5.Fix the OLINE .

4. Ohcrap75

Ohcrap75 Registered

I would be all for Nelson, but from everything I've seen he is predicted to go in top ten unfortunately.

5. oaken1

oaken1 Stone Cold

would have to put serious consideration into Vita Vea...

it is very uncommon to have a NT type player who covers sideline to sideline... hell, saw the guy make a play downfield on a WR...thats just NUTZ!

sometimes you consider drafting a guy not so much because you "need" him, but because you dont want anyone else to get him.

consider Vita in the middle of our DLine with Jones and Golden coming off the edges. Then consider he also lines up at DE...which means he and Chandler Jones can totally collapse an entire side of an offensive play
    6'5" 340 lbs.....and he plays sideline to sideline

hard to consider any other player in the draft having as significant an impact on the team that drafts him.

Jerry Jones likes him...do you really want him playing for the cwboys?

Southpaw and Ohcrap75 like this.
  6. JeffGollin

JeffGollin Registered User

Gotta go with Minkah - Old Bridge, NJ homie.

7. Ohcrap75

Ohcrap75 Registered

I think what sets him a part from other 340 NT's is that he was on the field for all three downs at Washington and was still making plays in the 4th quarter. This isn't just a two down run stuffer. His ability to collapse the pocket not allowing QB's to step up to throw is valuable on passing downs as well. He brings a physical mentality that our defense could use!

8. oaken1

oaken1 Stone Cold

what is also pretty scary...the dude was a fullback/wildcat QB in high school... never played defense until he got to washington. Which means he is still very raw and has room to develop further.
    The pick has Keim all over it, lol... amazing athlete with tons of untapped potential.....
    even though we need oline,...WR, and maybe another MLB/ILB.... if we decide to not go QB at 15 I would be stoked to get Vita at that spot.... put this guy in the middle of our dline with jones and golden off the edges...it wont matter who our other CB is

daves and Mitch like this.
  9. Ohcrap75

Ohcrap75 Registered

daves likes this.
  10. Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion

Find where I said he was average at best. Or, if you re-read what I said, you'll see where I said I don't think he's a top 10 pick.

It's funny, on Chris Spielman's radio show they were talking about Barkley. Spielman said the guy Barkley reminds him of is Ameer Abdullah. I think Barkley is much better than Abdullah but not everyone has the glowing opinion of Barkley that you do. I think Barkley is a 20-32 pick in round 1. To me, there's not many average at best guys getting drafted in that range.

My favorite RB's in the draft are Rashaad Penny from SDST. and Akrum Wadley from Iowa. I'd rather have those guys in round 2-3 than Barkley in the top 10. I do like Sony Michel and Ronald Jones too. Not a big fan of Nick Chubb, Derious Guice, or even Bryce Love(other than a 3rd down guy).

Since you're throwing out stats, Penny ran for 7.8 ypc(289 carries), over 2200 yards, and 23 TD.

Mitch likes this.
  11. cardpa

cardpa LOTR

I guess we'll find out which RB shows up best after the 2018 season. I will still put my money on Barkley.

12. masterphomeg

masterphomeg http://ronevansrealty.com

Draft Penny...and then when DJ needs a breather, the Cards can bring in both Penny's and run the 2 cent backfield. :)

13. SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd Registered

I remember an OG naked Cooper who was considered a stud coming out of college. What the hell does the Cards do with these can't miss OL players that turns them into such disappointments?

14. BW52

BW52 Registered

IIRC Cooper was doing well and impressing everyone and then he blew out his knee in preseason and never was the same player since.Cards didn`t do anything to him.Injury screwed him up and he played tentatively ever since.

15. oaken1

oaken1 Stone Cold

constant emotional abuse from the coaching staff played in to coops demise too... looks like he might be making a comeback in dallas though... guess next season will show