Beanie is the closest thing to AP since AP...

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by 1DS, May 8, 2009.

1. lorenzotexan

lorenzotexan Registered User

well let's line them up side by side(AD/beanie) lol. not even close in speed. If hook em horns can catch beanie from behind on the break not once but twice....he aint got AD speed....NFL players will catch beanie from behind. but beanie hits the hole quick and has great vision...i give him that.

that break away speed is really what seperates a back like AD/barry sanders etc. and someone brought up mcfadden. the verdict isn't out on that guy. he has great speed combined with excellent skills out of the backfield. I think he and felix jones have a promising future in the league.

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  2. Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion

I'm sure wearing a boot on one foot didn't help his breakaway speed in the Texas game.He still averaged over 6 yards/carry that game. He's not as fast as Peterson but he should have plenty of long runs in the NFL.

3. 1DS

1DS Registered

The last player we drafted that had me this excited from day 1 was Anquan Boldin.

He is the complete package (minus the injury concerns). He creates tremendous yards after contact. He is big enough to run over you or run past you. He has amazing vision. He created a lot of his runs in college. Whoever thinks he can't cut-back hasn't watched his games closely. He would make one cut and go up the middle, with authority. If his initial hole isn't there, he is able to create something on his own. IMO, he is the best prospect since AP. The only thing we don't know is if he has the heart, determination and passion for the game as AP. If he does, he will set this league on fire.

4. 1DS

1DS Registered

McFadden is a monumental bust, and I said that last year after he was drafted.

5. 187

187 BIRDGANG

I've been on the "DMC is a B-U-S-T" train since all of his pre-draft hype began. He will have some games where he puts up big numbers, but I highly doubt he lives up to his 4th overall selection.

6. Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion

i'll give him another year before proclaiming him a bust but he's on his way. Having Russell as your QB can't help much.

7. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

Felix Jones? You have to be an everydown back to be part of this comparison LOL

I know this...Wells is a lot faster than Marion Barber :)