Battlefront II

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by SO91, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Covert Rain

Covert Rain Father smelt of elderberries!

Played it today. It's pretty damn good. It's a limited Beta but the visuals are unreal and it shows they took more time to build this game verses the last one.

The one thing I hope they do is loosen up the movement. It's seems a little stiff to me. For example, when I hit the jump button I feel like I am jumping out of mud a little bit. Also, on the opposite end the ships rotation is a little sensitive. I can see me picking up a flight stick just for that. LOL.

2. BigRedRage

BigRedRage badass Contributor

Maybe try the settings in the options to adjust the sensitivity?

3. Covert Rain

That might help flight but not the jumping mechanics. Even the jet pack mechanics seems heavy compared to the last game.

4. BigRedRage

First come first serve [​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

5. puckhead

puckhead Waxing Gibbous Contributor

Got about 20-25 minutes in yesterday. Super fun! Played as Darth Maul, a clone trooper and a battle droid. Hoping to fly some ships tonight after work! The beta is a huge tease though. All the stuff I want to explore is grayed out.

BigRedRage likes this.
  6. BigRedRage

I played a match or two, the graphics looked amazing but I was dissapointed with the lack of a normal deathmatch mode. Any time I get in the action it seems the framerate is dropping and glitching but thats what BETA games are for.

Either way I buy this to play with my son so itll be great. I noticed I like the assault class a lot, didnt get to level up much or do anything too cool yet but didnt really understand the missions yet either.

7. Covert Rain

This is the ultimate tease but it’s a beta. One thing I don’t like is that Darth Maul can’t block. Seems like a huge oversight but loving the game.

8. CardsFan88

CardsFan88 Registered

Roger Roger. It's a great game.

PC version runs great getting 100-120 FPS on ultra settings at 1080p. Haven't tried it at 4k yet.

Haven't tried the console version, but I'd expect drops with the stepped up graphics and the weak CPU. It's just hard for Frostbite games to keep 60FPS during action on the consoles, been that way since their first, BF4, on this gen consoles. That's not going to change. Maybe a little better, but it won't change. At least you know it's happening to most everyone else. Be interesting to see how Pro/X1X can run it. Likely with similar drops, but we'll see.

They do need to fix button mapping since I can't put anything on my 12 mouse side buttons, which really makes it awkward. Really hard to jump, reload, roll, and use 2nd and 3rd abilities.

Also some weird things with respawning and it immediately throws a grenade or uses a power. Also have gotten stuck in the ground too lol.

I agree the flight feels a bit off, with a mouse with default settings.

The first one was good, this one is going to be great. Many more maps and modes with free DLC and events.

Yeah Darth Maul can really mess a bunch of people up. The force choke will do anyone close to you, so you can choke a bunch of people. Then destroy them with one of his other abilities.

Assault and heavy classes are the best. The sniper class is okay too. The officer class is just trash. They need to buff him, but if they do too much he'll be OP. But he is useful for teammates with his buffing abilities. I've been playing mostly heavy with shield, explosive super minigun or whatever (card). Just got a triple grenade thing but it takes the place of the shield.

Can't wait for the full game to play Yoda. Need to play him, I must.

9. BigRedRage

I was wondering if I just wasnt finding the block button. Seems pretty useless that I had to charge players to fight them. Dissapointing only two levels of split screen but itll do. I assume the full game will have not only all the battle levels for split screen but maybe survival mode too? I did see there will be a custom battle mode as well.

I bought it for split screen so I hope there is more than just the battle section.

10. Covert Rain

It's a big deal in the Arcade mode because you are getting hit from all sides. So basically you just end up just button mashing with the Lightsaber in hopes of taking them out before they take you out.

11. BigRedRage

pretty much. That and scrolling through all the controls trying to find the block button