Article: Phoenix Mercury regaining elite defensive form

Discussion in 'Phoenix Mercury and Other Arizona Sports' started by Ronin, May 31, 2017.

1. Ronin

Ronin Mad scientist behind the keyboard Contributor

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor.../?hootPostID=aa68f31cb72f15138722c6f527fc0319

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Site Owner Administrator Staff Member

Nice! I need to watch a game. Don't think I have watched one in years.

3. Bodha

Bodha Registered

Didnt Hakeem Olajuwon leave the team to play in Russia or something?

4. BC867

BC867 Long time Phoenician! Contributor

I just arranged through StubHub to see the Mercury vs. the L.A. Sparks on Saturday the 10th at Talking Stick Arena. In addition to watching them play good basketball, a seat in the lower section, center court, row 18 goes for $33.99, a fraction of what I paid to see the Suns and the D-backs recently. And the Mercury X-factor (fans) are more into the game than either Suns or D-backs fans.

Diana Taurasi, Brittney Griner and a cast of role players (with solid defense as they had in the past). It is good basketball. Even without my personal favorite, DeWanna Bonner, who is taking a season off for maternity leave.

Go, Mighty Mercury! The WNBA rocks. I have been a Mercury fan since the days of GrandMaMa hopping onto the scorers table after a victory and leading the crowd singing and dancing. I know plenty of guys who would degrade women's pro basketball, but it is fun. Especially when BG at 6'8" slam dunks (infrequently) or blocks (frequently).

ColdPickleNachos and thirty-two like this.
  5. thirty-two

thirty-two Cranky Contributor

I have been going to most of the games since last year (thanks to my BFF who is a season ticket holder)and honestly, despite the refs, it's great entertainment. If you are a fan of basketball, it's a fun, fun time.