Arizona Fitz Foles

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Mitch, Feb 5, 2018.

1. splitsecond

splitsecond Registered

You will never break us!

2. TJ

TJ The Chosen One

Bear Down

3. moklerman

moklerman Rise from the Ashes III

Buffalo's one of those blind spot teams for me. I mean, I don't imagine ANY QB doing well there so it's hard for me to guess at who they should go after. Foles doesn't seem like he's suited for swirling winds and bad weather to me so I wouldn't peg the Bills as a landing spot but who knows?

4. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

Hey, Foles is a Texas boy and you do not see this Native Texan fawning like it's the first time I ever saw a picture of an athlete with his child after winning a game or finding Jesus because Zach Ertz informs me about Him, or that he was simply amazing when his career clearly shows Pederson was half the reason he was able to do what he did, or the Patriot defense is not horrible, and... never mind, can we draft 'our' QB already, our guy :)

5. Solar7

Solar7 Optimist

Go Devils, but I have no anti-Foles bias besides what I see on the field.

AZfaninMN likes this.
  6. WisconsinCard

WisconsinCard Herfin BIg Time Contributor

Cool story Bro, now what does your "concept" have to do with trading away draft capitol for Nick Foles? I swear your like a dog on a bone, I already told you I don't agree with rooting for my team to lose, get over it, your not going to change my mind. I get your premise, I just don't buy into it. Sounds to much like a loser mentality to me, but the dark side usually promotes that pessimistic/doom and gloom view.

SissyBoyFloyd, splitsecond and daves like this.
  7. oaken1

oaken1 Stone Cold

cracks me up that folks dont want to trade future firsts to move up and get a QB because, "we need that draft capital to build the team/stay competitive"... but then those same folks agree that Keim screws up all of his first round picks...lol... the picks either have value to us or they dont... I am more of the opinion that if Keim did what was necessary to get in the top two or three picks...he will have less opportunity to waste the pick.

over the past five years our first two picks in every draft would have been better if Keim would have called Mel Kiper and asked him who to pick.

he is generally decent in rounds three and four...those are the picks we need to protect, lol.

Ohcrap75, splitsecond and Buckybird like this.
  8. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

Lol... I love it when a guy who accuses others of trolling starts off a response with the definitive “Cool story bro” response found on page one of the trolling handbook.

What a douche!

9. WisconsinCard

WisconsinCard Herfin BIg Time Contributor

When your bro asks the question "does that concept not make sense to you" is on page one as well. So stop be the douche you accuse me of being.

10. masterphomeg

masterphomeg http://ronevansrealty.com

Alright...simma down.[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

WisconsinCard likes this.
  11. THESMEL

THESMEL Registered

I feel the system was good to Foles, other players were already playing at a high level - I actually still think we have close but not equal talent on our team - though all are free agents - can McCoy get the best out of Gabbert? Stanton? Barkly? Just curious because of what he did with older Peyton, Tebow - just saying Whiz and BA had qb killing systems - a balanced system may utilize Gabberts talents at or equal to Foles - the pieces are here - kick some AZ Wilkes

12. GimmedaBall

GimmedaBall Registered

I had my fingers crossed that Gabbert would come in and seize the QB job and settle the whole FQB issue. He made just enough plays for BA to keep putting him out there---but not enough to keep from being replaced by Stanton at the end of the year when BA wanted to go out with an 8-8 and Card coach with the most wins.

Gabbert was Gabbert and played to his career stats. He had time to learn BA's offense---but was a beat off in terms of putting it into effect. Check his year with the Cards vs his career average stats:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GabbBl00.htm

Does he get one more go-round to prove himself a starter---or has he slotted himself into 'backup QB' role if that????

What to say about Stanton? My biggest beef with him was that he was content to be the backup to Palmer---I want a QB that burns to be the starter and fights for the #1 slot. I seen some drive in Barkley over Stanton in that regard---believe he beat out Stanton in preseason before he was cut and went to the Bears.

Bring all in and churn the roster---got to keep looking.

Jetstream Green likes this.
  13. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

But those three are not under contract and they where guys which Arians called his, meaning yes to your question but no... we can bring them in as much as open to any other guy who's a free agent, and could we please trade for AJ McCarron :)

DevonCardsFan likes this.
  14. Solar7

Solar7 Optimist

There's drive, and then there's realism. Stanton knew that there weren't starting opportunities out there for him. However, he could make some amazing money as a backup in the NFL without finding himself 20 years from now unable to get out of bed or dealing with CTE. Why do we so easily forget that these are people?

cardncubfan and daves like this.
  15. DevonCardsFan

DevonCardsFan Registered User

Yes Keim is a horrible drafter; He drafted Logan Thomas hahahaha. His picks are garbage! He fails way more than wins. HES GOING TO PICK A BUST and reach. He gets whooped and teams snag and steal his need picks before and always out work him as well. With his telegraphed ass pick from leaving giant holes. So teams will all jump and snag QBs right before Cards pick. It's happened like every draft

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    Say10 likes this.