Arizona Fitz Foles

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Mitch, Feb 5, 2018.

1. moklerman

moklerman Rise from the Ashes III

http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...de-carson-wentz-doesnt-look-so-costly-anymore

It'll be interesting to see what they (try and)get for Foles. After all was said and done, they were basically out a 3rd round pick with Wentz. Which is what Washington traded + a player to get Alex Smith, who was the top-rated QB in the league. I'm sure the Eagles will try and get as much as they can for Foles but as popular as he is right now, it's a buyer's market for QB's this year. I think if the Eagles can get a 2nd from someone for Foles, that they'd take it.

2. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

Couldn’t the same be said about Foles?

kerouac9 likes this.
  3. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

The higher the pick the less likely Keim can mess it up because he’s selecting from a pool of higher quality. Does that concept not make sense to you?

oaken1 likes this.
  4. TRW

TRW Registered

LOL...not a ringing endorsement for the GM if that's the thinking. LOL

5. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Uh you can say the same with Foles.

6. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Absolutely 100% Foles was great Sunday. But let’s not make it out like he single handedly shouldered the team to victory. Didn’t the eagles run for 160+ yards? Makes Foles job a lot easier with safeties pulled up. And his receivers made some impressive catches over defenders and breaking tackles. Taking not much away from Foles but he had a LOT of help.

7. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Uh unless you’re talking about stocking up on 5th and 6th rounders you literally cannot do both of these simultaneously.

8. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Other than a few home runs in the 3rd round I don’t see much else to endorse from Keim in the draft.

TRW likes this.
  9. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Hahah

10. TRW

TRW Registered

Me either.

11. TJ

TJ The Chosen One

If winning the Super Bowl MVP is a low ceiling, I'll gladly bump my head on that ceiling.

Here's the problem with some Cardinal fans in the Valley when evaluating Nick Foles: Many of whom are Sun Devil fans and many are Wildcat fans, so there is inherent bias one way or another. Sun Devil fans can be overly bearish on Wildcat players and Wildcat fans can be overly bullish; and definitely the other way around. ROTB is also predominately ASU fans/alum, so consider the source. Had Nick Foles stayed at Michigan State and played the way he did at UofA, there would be more honest assessments of him coming to the Cardinals

In short, you're going to have very divergent opinions on Nick Foles as a starter.

I'm not saying that there aren't ASU fans who can be objective and honest, but there are many that see the Block "A" and it skews their opinion.

For ASU fans who may respond and call me a UofA homer: I wanted D.J. Foster on this team in the draft in the worst way.

Mitch likes this.
  12. GimmedaBall

GimmedaBall Registered

About the only reason I can conjecture that would prompt the Eagles to trade Foles this off-season is the desire to avoid a QB controversy within the team ranks.

When you have two starting level QBs on the team, players will rally around their favorite and the locker room can split between supporters of one guy over the other.

For the Eagles, this is bound to happen once Wentz is ready to return. If Foles is the starter and the team is doing well, there will be those who will want to stick with Foles. If Wentz comes in and stutters, Foles supporters will be wanting him to go back in. It can lead to disruption and is one reason the HC names the starter and sends the message to the entire team who is in.

Pederson has already announced that Wentz is the starter---even before the victory parade and Foles MVP trophy had made it to his mantle.

13. sdscard4

sdscard4 Registered

Exactly why I don't want him.

14. Frank

Frank Rookie

The Eagles are very high on Nate Sudfeld. I

Foles in Buffalo with all of the changes in New England could make the AFC East interesting since Brady became Brady. Theyd give up a second round pick tomorrow if it would let them keep their two first rounders and trade for Foles

Didn't mean to quote you gimmedabsll, sorry.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  15. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

This thread is not long enough yet, we need to get all the University of Arizona love fest out so we can see the big picture lol

AZfaninMN likes this.