Arizona Basketball 2015-2016

Discussion in 'University of Arizona' started by TJ, Nov 13, 2015.

1. TJ

TJ Swaggy Head Coach

Let's get it started.

Looks like the starting lineup to start the season will be Allen, York, Tollefeson, Anderson, and Zeus. This is arguably one of the oldest lineups in the nation.

Outside shooting looks like it's going to be a struggle this season unless Trier can find his stroke. This team will try and win with its length and defense.

After one game, you can see why Miller was very high on Kadeem Allen, high enough to start him over PJC. Good court vision, fast, and can score the rock.

Ryan Anderson is probably our best player. Think Brandon Ashley with non-stop motivation.

We'll see. I'm saying this is a Sweet 16 team at this point with hopes it catches fire in March.

2. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

Arizona win, UCLA loss.

[​IMG]

3. Lefty

Lefty Registered

Ryan Anderson is a stud and is probably a good reason why Ashley left. Kadeem Allen was impressive. The guy played the point very well and he plays a strong defense. I like his size and with his aggressiveness on defense, he will cause a lot of havoc on the smaller guards.

4. GatorAZ

Anderson is a monster. Without him it would be a dark season.

5. TJ

TJ Swaggy Head Coach

This is going to be a very interesting season. Losing Tarc all but sealed the win for PC.

This team is not going to do much come tourney time. Miller needs to hope that Josh Jackson commits for next season and Ray Smith needs to be 100% healthy.

6. GatorAZ

PGU says JJ has told the staff he's coming. Kinda seems like a prediction that's easy to justify if he's wrong though.

7. overseascardfan

overseascardfan Registered User

If that is the case, what is he waiting for? No matter who comes back, he starts Day 1. Is he waiting for Cal to put the full court press on him or to see how many UK kids go in the lottery? I mean I guess its a good thing he's waiting so that he doesn't have to re-open his recruitment if he changes his mind.

8. GatorAZ

I don't think Cal or UK is a threat. Just MSU.

I think if things get worse and MSU continues to dominate they could overtake us in the recruitment. If Valentine goes pro they'll lose their top-3 players but have a sick class coming in.

You know Miller wants to be stacked when the Final Four is in Glendale.

9. MaoTosiFanClub

MaoTosiFanClub What Goes Around Comes Around

Transition year. Really only 2-3 programs that lose 4 starters to the NBA and chugs along and even they have some clunker seasons.Jackson is a must get by the way.

10. overseascardfan

overseascardfan Registered User

+1. Just goes to show how much of a recruiting legend Calipari is. He loses 4 -5 kids every year but replaces those 4-5 kids with 5 star players and that is despite the fact that UK is always 2 deep at each position so some of these guys are willing to come off the bench to play at UK. The thing is its not just the prestige of UK, Cal was pulling them in at Memphis which wasn't a powerhouse until he came in. Boy, they fell to mediocrity when he left and Pastner took over. The irony is Pastner biggest strength is he is a good recruiter, just not a good head coach.

11. carey

carey VVVV Saints Fan VVVV

Can't believe UCLA just beat UK.

12. GatorAZ

What? Wow!

13. slinslin

slinslin Welcome to Amareca

I think this is the weakest UK team we have seen in a LONG time.

14. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

They are overrated because they don't shoot the 3 well but they are still loaded with NBA talent. Murray, Skal, Briscoe, Lee they're all going to play in the NBA and I think Ulis will too.

Perfect timing, ulis not 100%, UCLA jacked up and then Lee gets hurt which really exposed how bad on defense the young bigs are for UK.

I haven't seen confirmation but apparently in the pregame warmups the UK kids were VERY vocal about last years blowout, even though most of them weren't even at UK. APparently UCLA went back into the locker room and basically said screw that not in our house. Again not sure if true but would explain why UCLA was so pumped up.

Not a vintage UK team but better than the NIT team under Cal. Their guards are great but none of them are great shooters. As Bilas said in the game the problem is they have 3 guards who are better on the ball than off the ball and there's only 1 ball.

The Prince Ali dunk was awesome, 3 point play, fouled out the only post player who could defend, that effectively ended the game.

15. ozzfloyd

ozzfloyd The Carp

Good win for the Cats today. Great 2nd half.