Arizona @ ASU

Discussion in 'Arizona State' started by AZCB34, Nov 21, 2017.

1. AZCB34

AZCB34 Registered User

Rivalry week. Some are saying Graham is still in must win mode. Can the Devils contain Tate?

2. AsUpRoDiGy

AsUpRoDiGy Magnanimous

I can't see ASU stopping Tate...that guy has been on fire. ASU's defense is still one of the worst in the country, so containing Tate is going to take full team effort and sound tackling. ASU better beat the Cats though after last years debacle.

3. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero Registered User

I agree. As much as I hate to say it, I don't think ASU can stop Tate. If ASU can't keep up the scoring pace, the Wildcats should win this one.

4. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

It will be a tough game for the Devils to win. Their defense does not give me a lot of hope.

The Sun Devils need to find out what they did right in the Washington game and repeat it.

5. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

They need to get their ground and pound going to limit Tate’s opportunities. That said, I think they fail miserably.

6. Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa BIM™ Contributor

Eh. It can be done. ASU beat Oregon and Oregon just beat Arizona...so... #tateishuman

7. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

Can and will are two creatures from different planets.

Brian in Mesa likes this.
  8. TJ

TJ Swaggy Head Coach

We have four D-Lineman who are questionable at best to play, including Dereck Boles, who's our best run stopper up front. There's even talk of starting a tight end at d-line. I think this notion can go both ways. How is UofA going to stop Richards and Ballage?

9. TJ

TJ Swaggy Head Coach

From what I've read recently, I get the vibe that Graham is gone regardless of the outcome. Jurecki has been intimating that Ray Anderson has already reached out to Tony Dungy and Herm Edwards to find another coach.

10. AsUpRoDiGy

AsUpRoDiGy Magnanimous

Tony Dungy? Certainly not to become a coach, right? That would be beyond amazing lol. Graham is as good as gone, though...thankfully.

11. TJ

TJ Swaggy Head Coach

I meant to say that Anderson reached out to Edwards and Dungy to help in searching for another coach. IMO, you don't consult with those guys and maintain the status quo.

12. AsUpRoDiGy

AsUpRoDiGy Magnanimous

Ah, ok. Just read an azcentral article...looks like Anderson and Dungy are pretty close. Article said ASU will most likely go after Kevin Sumlin or Pep Hamilton...even mentioned Mike Norvell as a possibility.

13. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero Registered User

Sounds like it may be a high scoring game. I still give UofA the edge with Tate.

14. TJ

TJ Swaggy Head Coach

$64 question: Would Norvell come back after terminating Graham? The two are very close and Norvell won't be short of suitors for a Power 5 job, this year or next.

15. TJ

TJ Swaggy Head Coach

Game will hinge on the turnover battle. UofA's defense is flat garbage, even when healthy, but leads the PAC-12 in interceptions. I can see UofA winning if Wilkins is off-target, and I can see ASU winning if it follows the UO blueprint of sealing the perimeters. Tate's weakness is his over-competitiveness, and has a penchant for trying to hit the deep pass when he frankly should check down. Tate is without question the best player on the two teams, but he is far from infallible.

Also, Harry versus the UofA secondary is not a good matchup, as is the aforementioned RBs vs. D-Line matchup.

Furthermore, as I mentioned earlier, this is likely Graham's last game, so I could see an inspired ASU effort. One of those "win one for the gipper" type games. Combined with the way UofA beat ASU last year and the game being at SDS, and I see ASU automatically having the emotional edge.