Alex Len...LET HIM GO!

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by pokerface, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Yuma

Yuma Back in NV!

I think the Len contract will be more than we think just because of that new TV money that is inflating everyone's salary. That said, it has to be compared to other centers roughly equivalent. Where else do we find a 7 foot center that can run? I just think if he ran more, to the front of the rim, and beat his guy down the floor, he has an easy 10 points a game right there. He just needs some improvement defensively. Maybe a different big man coach?

2. pokerface

pokerface Registered

Len just isn't a natural baller. His plus minus is bad...His shot and touch around the basket isnt good...His basketball IQ seems low. His consistency is frustrating.

Yeah he has his pluses. He alters shots as a defender..He rebounds ok..Uhh I think that's about it. Oh yeah, he's 23 and we desperately need a big...Oh wait a minute. Those aren't basketball qualities. Uhh...He rebounds ok...Oh yeah I said that!

:cry:

StreetTruckinTitan likes this.
  3. Haunting

Haunting Banned

Briliant thread, so much comedy gold in this one.

Len has easily been the Suns 2nd best player this year.

Suns are 10-11 under Triano when Booker and Len are playing and Len is putting up 15/15/2/2 per36 with over 60%TS and a 19.7 PER at only 24 years old.

4. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

I think a lot of posters are coming to this point of view. Len has really come of age this season. Too bad he didn't show it last season so the Suns could have extended him.

pokerface likes this.
  5. Poop Head

Poop Head Poster formerly known as kingdad

Do you know what you're talking about? Look at the date, every thing is from last season or before. No one here is talking about Len this season. Everyone admits that the light has come on for Len.

6. pokerface

pokerface Registered

The whole league rejected Len this last offseason. They get paid millions of dollars to evaluate talent and no one offered him a long term contract. Even now the suns don't have total faith in Len that's why they play Chandler up the wazoo.

SirStefan32 likes this.
  7. Mainstreet

I don't think the rest of the league will reject Len in the upcoming free agency.

The Suns have been rotating their centers. The Suns do seem to start Len over Chandler but perhaps this is because he has never lost the starting position. He has held this position since the beginning of the season. I like and respect Chandler but Len is the center I'd prefer to keep going forward if I had to make a choice.

8. pokerface

pokerface Registered

Well he does seem the defacto choice now. Especially if our draft goes down the toilet. But do we want to be in a bidding war over Len? I'm afraid of buyers remorse with this dude.

9. Phrazbit

Phrazbit Registered

Len has been much better of late. I think the total lack of offers in the off season and then the sporadic PT after the addition of Monroe was a serious wake-up call for him. Should we sign him this summer I hope this isn't just the play of a desperate hungry man who will get lazy once fed.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  10. Mainstreet

Hopefully the Suns nor any other team wants to get in a bidding war for Len. I think Len will minimally be a competent center.

11. pokerface

pokerface Registered

Well I will concede many of you (JC & MS) were throwing around "big men take longer to develop". But not sure if that warranted giving long term contracts based on faith. Len should have showed his stuff last year... dopus.

12. JS22

JS22 Say Vandelay!

Getting closer.

13. JS22

JS22 Say Vandelay!

Coaching is more important than most realize. Watson had Len shooting 15+ foot jumpers last season.

Triano has simplified things for Len and is asking him to do what he's comfortable with. Hell the entire offense is starting to look a lot better. Len in the right system should be a consistent double-double guy. We're starting to see it now and I hope he gets closer to 30mpg from here on out.

Ouchie-Z-Clown likes this.
  14. Mainstreet

The Suns need to clear up their excess center situation first. It may go down to the trade deadline.

15. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

This. Exactly this. I recall the suns wanting Len to shoot jumpers. They wanted to make him a stretch 5 (and <shudder> a stretch 4). Man, put the kid in a position to succeed. Make it simple for him and then expand his skills and role. What Triano is doing is playing Len to his strengths, and SHOCKING I know, it’s working.