92 Percent of Students Prefer Paper Books Over E-Books

Discussion in 'Books' started by Brian in Mesa, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Avondale Red Rage

Avondale Red Rage Just wondering...

I've tried e-books, I really have. I do the like the ability to define a word, or look up a subject while reading, but I really like to flip back and re-read, and DWKB mentioned something that I'm paranoid about as well — I have this fear that content will change or disappear in E-mode.

I'm also an addicted bibliophile, and in order to keep space for books under control, I'll donate books to a free lending library that's in a community I work in, and that's the other issue I have with e-books, the inability to share a good book.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. devilalum

devilalum Salary Cap Casualty

There are lots of ways to share ebooks. You just have to familiarize yourself with the technology.

3. DutchmanAZ

DutchmanAZ Registered

Like my kindle particularly for travel. I can load up 10-12 books for a trip and it doesn't take up all that space in my luggage.

4. thirty-two

thirty-two Cranky Contributor

I definitely need paper books for school. I am okay reading e-books for pleasure. I am not a huge reader, though so I wonder if that makes a difference.

5. MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease Moderator Contributor

I love e-books for reading novels but I don't like e-books for college courses. I took an algorithm course recently and purchased the E-Book for it. It was just too hard to view and find stuff on my Kindle for my needs.

I like to read novels in bed and I found e-books more comfortable for me. Plus with my kindle app synced on all of my devices, if I'm out and about and stuck somewhere just waiting, I can use my phone and continue reading where I just left off. Very convenient.

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  6. BigRedRage

BigRedRage badass Contributor

I dont know how to read.

7. Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa BIM™ Contributor

You also struggle with punctuation. :D

8. BigRedRage

BigRedRage badass Contributor

Only when typing ;)

I never use apostrophes when I type and then I go back and let spell check add them for me. Words like cant and dont (bwahahahaha) tend to not prompt me to fix them so I just leave them alone. I can type very quickly but do type in an unconventional way and have never bothered working that key into my typing.

So ultimately, I do it just to drive you nuts. If it was a professional setting, I would fix it :)

9. Errntknght

Errntknght Registered User

I make good use of the search function and some use of lifting quotes. As far as the reading experience I really like being able to set the text size and background color so it's easy on my ancient eyes. Setting the page size and format is also a nice feature - I'm on computer so I can have quite large pages, which I prefer. I forget to bookmark my place in real books much of the time so its a convenience to have the book remember where I'm at, especially when I put the book down for longer periods of time as I am wont to do.

10. Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa BIM™ Contributor

Glad it works for many people, but I still haven't read one. I enjoy/prefer reading books the old-fashioned way.