76ers @ Suns game thread 12-31-17

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by Mainstreet, Dec 31, 2017.

1. hsandhu

hsandhu Registered User

Jackson was the best college player as a Freshman of all these examples, yet you called him a bust in a previous post. You don't even have consistency

2. SirStefan32

SirStefan32 Krycek, Alex Krycek

Well, our first quarters have been underwhelming since day one, but I agree with you. I'd prefer to see Canaan and Ulis switch roles. I am OK with Book getting a chance to do different things, though.

BC867 likes this.
  3. Praxis

Praxis Registered

Bad pick, looks like a bust. Hard to say otherwise at this point.

4. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

I think the Suns have multiple ideas when they play their current rotation such as developing their young players, roster moves, coaching and the draft... and not necessarily in that order.

I do think the Suns are watching draft position but I will let them do the worrying for me. :wink2:

5. pokerface

pokerface Registered

:lol:

Yeah point taken. Still, players taken in the draft are so young nowadays. They are being drafted mostly on potential...it takes more time to develop them.

6. SirStefan32

SirStefan32 Krycek, Alex Krycek

Good Lord, he is 30 games or so into his career!

Superbone and CardsSunsDbacks like this.
  7. hsandhu

hsandhu Registered User

It's not even worth replying to that level of idiocy

CardsSunsDbacks likes this.
  8. Poop Head

Poop Head Poster formerly known as kingdad

I've given up hope of adding any sort of picks for him but if he could bring a quality PG back in return I'd be happy with that. I'm not sure who that would be though. I know Detroit was reportedly interested in bringing Monroe back, they have Ish Smith who they could trade to Phoenix but they don't have any other expiring deals to make the salaries work other than Avery Bradley and I highly doubt they'd send us Bradley and Ish for Monroe, I don't think they'd do that with us sending them the Milwaukee pick also.

9. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

Monroe has value as an expiring contract... perhaps considerable value.

At the trade deadline there may be some teams that are willing to part with a good player for salary relief and a first round pick or two. Trading for a star type player is another way to acquire top talent beyond the draft and free agency.

Ironically, Monroe could be traded to another team who is not even looking for a center. So we should expand our trade options for Monroe. His value is beyond second round picks and a spare point guard. His salary can make a trade work and the Suns have the sweeteners... first round picks.

10. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

The only thing I see is Cleveland. They can part with Frye and Shumpert. I think Troy Daniels has potential value too. He has a good rep as a reliable shooter off the bench.

Maybe trade Monroe for the Frye, Shumpert and the right to swap our pick for the Nets pick. If the Nets pick is #1 or #2 we add an additional pick.

Cleveland adds a scoring big, which they need, get bird rights for him for free agency, and maybe have to give up nothing.

The Suns get the equivalant of big time tanking—more ping balls in play.

11. Superbone

Superbone Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan

Freudian slip? He actually had a nice little stat line of 6 ast, 4 stl, 0 to.

12. Superbone

He threw the ball hard "to" the ref.

13. Superbone

Combined? ;)

14. Phrazbit

Phrazbit Registered

I doubt it... Ulis shot 1-6, his numbers on the year are 38% and 29% from 3, which are pretty similar to last year's stats. Most tiny point guards are legit threats from the outside, if they are not a threat to shoot then it's really hard for them to get space. If Ulis doesn't start shooting significantly better he will be out of the NBA within 18 months.

15. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

He surely cannot complain about the Suns, they are giving him a legit shot. He can't shoot from the outside, he makes bad turnovers, and his defense is really lacking at this level.