2018 NBA Trade Deadline

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by Poop Head, Jan 9, 2018.

1. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

If he cuts his hair, he will bet an extra $5 million in free agency.

2. BC867

BC867 Long time Phoenician! Contributor

Physically, that is possible. Emotionally, I sincerely don't think that philosophy is going to make us winners. It is a real conundrum.

Play the second half of this season with a loser's mentality, but then, poof, you better lead us (as Point Guard) to the promised land next season.

I have never seen how playing mind games like that have led to success.

But then, our leadership (and their history of gimmicks) are dysfunctional. I guess that, whenever you are so bad, anything is an improvement.

Maybe we can pay Warren and Payton extra to kidnap Server during the off-season and lock him in a closet somewhere in Ethiopia. Yeah, that's the ticket. :) Ooh, I like that idea!

3. JCSunsfan

Well. its a good thing we are way past half way. Only 26 games left. We have injuries and our competition from here out is tough. Also, the other teams with worse records than us have fairly easy schedules and play one another alot. Teams do not seem to be tanking as hard this year. Its a draft with 7-8 really good players, so tanking hard is not so necessary.

Play hard. Play better. Compete. Let the chips fall where they will.

4. hcsilla

hcsilla Registered User

Tanking hard is not, but improving our chances of getting #1 and therefore more possibilities of trading down is important. Even more important are scouting and talent evaluation.

This draft seem to give the best chance of acquiring another franchise player(s) in the foreseable future.

5. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

I think many of you still don’t understand the tank. It isn’t telling players “go out and lose.” I actually think that’s illegal as it could lead to game fixing.

But how you can effectively tank? Parse out minutes judiciously. Sit key players with bumps and bruises. Rest veterans. Develop youth. You tank strategically not by telling players to lose.

6. pokerface

pokerface Registered

Yeah right. Plus trade players that don't fit into our future... although that's mostly been done at this point.

7. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

The Suns will not be involved in the buyout market.

8. JCSunsfan

We already were. Monroe.

9. Poop Head

Poop Head Poster formerly known as kingdad

Then how exactly do they plan on improving the roster through the end of the year like McD said in his last radio interview? There really aren't many options at this point beyond the buy-out market.

10. Mainstreet

Maybe they look at Lavoy Allen or someone else in the G-League or a European like Mike James. :D

11. Poop Head

Poop Head Poster formerly known as kingdad

:sarcasm:Wonder if Sonny Weems is available? :sarcasm:

Mainstreet likes this.
  12. BC867

BC867 Long time Phoenician! Contributor

Well, then, the Suns couldn't even get that right. Benching their Center and Point Guard last season, which led to the Bledsoe embarrassment at the beginning of this season. It was not thought out.

Most of Robert Sarver's team (including and especially the Front Office and coaching staff) doesn't know how to win and doesn't know how to lose gracefully.

That is the problem. No matter what they do, they do it badly. And have thus become the laughingstock of the NBA. It starts at the top because he hires everyone below him. And it flows downhill.

Your definition of successful tanking is, in theory, sound. But this team is too mis-managed to even pull that off.

It was one thing for Suns fans to witness the incompetence of Sterling running the Clippers. It is another thing to see it pervade our team.

13. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

Better question is why would you want them to? What’s the difference in getting a buyout player who can maybe take them from 24-26 wins, accomplishing nothing but hurting our draft position?

14. SirStefan32

SirStefan32 Krycek, Alex Krycek

Yeah, I agree. I cannot imagine a scenario in which the Suns would pick up players who've been waived at this point.

15. Mainstreet

I wonder how many of us hoped Noah Vonleh would fall to the Suns in the 2014 draft. I'm guilty.

He didn't and Portland traded him to the Bulls for essentially cash considerations at the trade deadline.