2017-2018 Draft Prospects watch.

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by Ronin, Oct 24, 2017.

1. hcsilla

hcsilla Registered User

I think it's getting more and more likely (especially with emergence of Jackson) that it will be Porter who drops to #7 (if not further).

2. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

Dusan Ristic of Arizona is a second round pick the Suns should consider. He stands 7 foot and weighs 245 pounds.

He can shoot from outside, rebound and score inside to keep defenses honest.

I think he is a sleeper pick.

Here is some video.

3. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

Yeah I don’t see it. He has zero foot speed which will be a killer at the next level. He’s also not a rim protector. And he gets his shot swatted, in the restricted area, more than any 7 footer I’ve ever seen. A pretty good (but not even really good) college player who will likely make his living in Europe.

4. Ouchie-Z-Clown

While porter wouldn’t necessarily scratch our itch for either a pg or c/pf, pre-injury he was being spoken of as a potential candidate for the top pick in a loaded draft. If he ended up being medically cleared that could end up being a jackpot selection. We would be untraditional having essentially three larger sf’s rotating between the forward positions with porter, jj, and Warren. None would be great defending bigs, but we would likely have that non-positional design that the league seems to be converting to...

Carolinacacti likes this.
  5. Mainstreet

Maybe. I don't see him rated in NBA Draftnet but he stands out every time I watch him play.

6. Praxis

Praxis Registered

I'm an Arizona alum and watch every game. Ristic is not a NBA player. He has developed some nice post moves but he is awful on defense. He could definitely play somewhere in Europe, though.

7. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

The fact that Sexton and Carter round out the top-10 is very exciting.

8. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

Tyler Ulis was considered and excellent college defender. He averaged 1.2 steals. Trae Young's defense is not highly regarded yet he averages 2 spg. Just a consideration.

9. Mainstreet

Tra Holder is a PG that is starting to be projected as a second round prospect. If he is there with a later second round pick, the Suns might want to look at him.

NBA DraftNet has him slotted to be drafted at #55.

10. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

that is something NBA teams really watch too. Remember a few years ago the concerns on Myles Turner because of the way he ran.

They literally sent him to medical experts and PT to learn how to run correctly so he wouldn't ruin his career.

Good player now but lots of NBA teams were terrified to pick him because the way he ran you just thought he was going to have a very injury plagued career.

11. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

I kinda give up on figuring out the draft. Last year, there were supposed to be three superstar level picks. Fultz, Jackson, and Ball. Well. Now we see DMitchell and Kyle Kuzma excelling. Jackson still might be ok, and so might Ball. No one knows about Fultz.

While this draft has what seem like 7 fantastic picks at the top, half or more will bust if history says anything. Plus there will be two or so players no one really considered that will excel.

Here are my absolutely uninformed choices.

Potential top 7 busts. Doncic, Porter, Bagley.

Later surprises: Shai, Shake, Shamet

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  12. Ouchie-Z-Clown

I think the bust potentials are: Trae, doncic (bc let’s be honest, with euros we really have zero idea), Porter

Definitely intrigued by shake and Shai but the number of successful 6’5-6’6 pgs is REALLY low.

I also think Wendell carter may be one of those guys who emerges from his more touted teammate at the next level and could become an unexpected star.

13. elindholm

elindholm rehabilitated

The problem is that very few people think for themselves and come to their own opinions. (This is true in general, but especially in sports.) So one or two people decide that the draft has a "big three," and then everyone else piles on, because it's much easier -- and safer -- to look like you're up on the chatter than it is to make an independent assessment.

My guess is that if you polled the NBA front office people who were high in the last lottery -- meaning, the actual experts who get paid a lot to do this for a living -- they saw the pool a lot differently. (We already know, for example, that Ainge had Tatum above Jackson, and possibly as high as #1, if his statements are to be believed.) Given that the NBA draft is a contest of incomplete information, decision-makers are well served to reveal as little as possible about how they actually think. So it's the mindless parroting of the social-media narrative that ends up asserting itself.

14. Carolinacacti

Carolinacacti Registered

To many teams draft for need and not BPA

15. leclerc

leclerc The smooth operator

Shake, rattle and roll.