2017-2018 Draft Prospects watch.

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by Ronin, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

I pointed that out earlier in the year as a reason it's actually possible Bamba stays in school. He'll likely come out and get the money but he's an extremely smart kid, he could have gone to an Ivy league school.

he's a fascinating story his half brother is Sidiki Johnson the kid that got kicked out of Arizona before he'd even played a game as a freshman because of all sorts of behavioral issues. I don't know if they grew up together or not but it's remarkable they're related seeing how mature and composed Bamba is and how bad Sidiki was at the same age.

2. ColdPickleNachos

ColdPickleNachos Registered

Yeah. Bamba is amazing. In that interview, he mentions that he takes it upon himself to be better than his surroundings. He also intimated toward the end (at least in my perception, though I might be hearing what I want to hear) that he is likely one-and-done.

"One of my goals this year is to be the #1 pick in the draft."

3. devilalum

devilalum Salary Cap Casualty

Has anybody watched Trae Young? He talks like the Waterboy but he looks like a perfect fit for the Suns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Ronin

Ronin Mad scientist behind the keyboard Contributor

Jon Rothstein
    @JonRothstein

One thing different about Trae Young in Big 12 play? His ability to get to the FT line. Has gotten to the stripe a combined 31 times in first two league games.

5. Ronin

6. Poop Head

Poop Head Poster formerly known as kingdad

Saw this Mock Draft posted by a Sixer's fansite. It's the first Mock i've seen that doesn't have Ayton going #1 or #2, he's not even #3 in this which surprised me. Of course anything could happen at the top of this draft but I'd be surprised if he fell to #4 like they predict. Even though there are a lot of good prospects I think Ayton is the closest thing to a lock at #1 in this draft due to his size and skill set in addition to history showing teams don't pass on franchise altering Centers when given the opportunity at the top of the draft.

It is about 2 weeks old now but since the Sixer's have been tanking for the last 5-6 years I thought that their fans might have a good idea how the draft could play out. It does claim to take team fit into account which would help explain some of their choices except they have Doncic going #2 to the Bulls who have a glut of guards right now and very little talent in their front court. They don't list the Miami pick as belonging to us either, which at the time of this article was at #13 overall and the Bucks pick is at #24 here, which wouldn't convey to us.

Here is how they have the top 6 picks playing out though, the Hawks taking Bagley at #1. Then the Bulls selecting Doncic at #2, Porter at #3 to the Mavericks, Ayton to the Grizzlies at #4, Young to the Suns at #5, and Bamba to the Kings at #6.

You can check out their mock here...

https://thesixersense.com/2017/12/20/2018-nba-draft-mock-draft-no-2/

and here is another Mock that I found on Fansided, haven't gone over it yet but thought I'd throw that in here also. It was posted just a day ago, so it's recent. It has Ayton going to the Hawks at #1. That's all I've seen so far. Didn't want to make another post for just this article.

https://fansided.com/2018/01/04/nba...ed&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=RelatedTag

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    Mainstreet likes this.
  7. Poop Head

That same site has an interesting article breaking down the 2018 draft compared to the 2017 by positions. I found it interesting and worth reading. There has been a lot of talk of the players at the top of the 2018 draft class but not a lot about the later selections and this helps fill in some blanks as far as who might be available after the top 6 prospects go, those being Ayton, Young, Doncic, Bagley, Porter, and Bamba. They 2017 was hailed as being a deep draft but not that great at the top with Fultz, Ball, Tatum, and Jackson being the players often mentioned at the top and then Fox was added to the discussion by his tournament play as well as how he shut down Lonzo. The NCAA tournament will help clear things up this year at the top of the draft, and I wouldn't be that surprised if the top 6 turns into a top 8 or so if a few players play great while in the spotlight.

https://thesixersense.com/2017/12/28/2018-nba-draft-2017-nba-draft-comparisons-by-position/

8. Ronin

9. Poop Head

That tweet doesn't seem be loading.

10. Ronin

Mike Schmitz deleted the tweet. The tweet had some info on a euro player. Sorry

11. devilalum

devilalum Salary Cap Casualty

Please god don't draft another guard or wing that can't shoot. Maybe a super talented big but everybody else needs to be able to shoot.

There is no place in the modern NBA for a wing that can't shoot.

12. Ronin

13. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

14. elindholm

elindholm rehabilitated

They just said he's matur, not senile.

Krangthebrain likes this.
  15. Superbone

Superbone Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan

It's very slow. It's been loading for over 12 hours now...