2017-2018 Draft Prospects watch.

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by Ronin, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Phrazbit

Phrazbit Registered

Young. I think his floor is pretty high and I think his ceiling is that of a Nash or Curry, a truly special guard who can dictate offense in a way that their team is a near automatic 50+ win club.

I don't buy the Jimmer comparisons because Jimmer couldn't pass, while Young was the best play maker in college basketball this year and with garbage teammates.

I'd honestly be tempted to take him second.

DevonCardsFan likes this.
  2. Poop Head

Poop Head Poster formerly known as kingdad

At 4 you take Young and hope he's able to start for the Suns right away. He'll be a good NBA player but I'm not sure if he's ready to be a starter on opening day. He can shoot lights out from anywhere on the floor and wouldn't have trouble getting playing time. That is assuming the first 3 picks are Ayton, Doncic, or Bagley. If one of them drop to 4 you take them and don't look back.

DevonCardsFan likes this.
  3. hsandhu

hsandhu Registered User

Despite what others have said about young, I'm not totally opposed to that.

Even with his struggles in the second half of the season (because he had multiple defenders guarding him), I just cant help but thinking back to the the teams who passed on curry and how we laugh at that now...

4. hsandhu

hsandhu Registered User

The good thing about young is the suns absolutely need to address the shooting of the pg this season, if they intend not to tank again.

The inability of the team to shoot was the single biggest thing that made us awful, teams could send the entire team around booker with no concern about leaving others open.

If we get 1 of top 3 picks, i wanted to trade 16 for patrick beverly, perfect 3 and d pg, only makes 5 million next year.

5. pokerface

pokerface Registered

Good points. In one way or another we're rolling the dice no matter what. Id take a healthy Porter over a lot of the big men. But each player is pretty interesting at the top of the food chain. With #4 pick we could go a lot of directions though...Not sure if there is a wrong choice.

6. Phrazbit

Phrazbit Registered

Beverly is a dirty turd, he also cannot even remotely run an offense. No interest.

7. Carolinacacti

Carolinacacti Registered

Forth pick I would take Young.

8. Ronin

Ronin Mad scientist behind the keyboard Contributor

9. AzStevenCal

AzStevenCal ASFN Contributor Contributor

If he stays healthy, I think he'll be the best player from this draft class. The temptation to take him first and then trade back up for someone like Wendell Carter might help fans get over us not taking Ayton.

10. CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks Registered

Young or JJJ.

11. ColdPickleNachos

ColdPickleNachos Registered

From what I can gather, Luka Doncic struggled big time in Game 1 of Real Madrid's Euroleague playoff matchup against a really good Greek team.

Doncic was ineffective against Greek Freak's older brother (athletic swing) and Real Madrid got blown out by a team featuring Nick Calathes and Mike James.

Yes.

That Mike James.

He had 24 points.

Not gonna lie, as a Doncic supporter, this is not his finest hour.

Of course, Ayton was a no-show against Buffalo in the tournament (and I'm positive Buffalo would perform very poorly in the Euroleague playoffs) and one game is just one game.

But still...

It's a best of 5 series against Panathinaikos. How Doncic responds to this failure will be very interesting...

12. sunsfan88

sunsfan88 Registered

Doncic really exposed in game 1 of the playoffs.

13. CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks Registered

It's just one game in the grand scheme of things. Looking at the box score it looked as though Panathinaikos really made it a focus to force the ball out of Doncic's hands. He only attempted 5 shots in 21 minutes and recorded no assists. Still very concerning, but I won't turn on a prospect for one bad game.

14. ColdPickleNachos

ColdPickleNachos Registered

Supposedly one of those shots was a heave, so it was really more like four shots. The whole team just got stomped. It's good that they will play at least two more times. How a prospect responds to adversity matters a ton.

CardsSunsDbacks likes this.
  15. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

Ayton had a terrible game vs. Buffalo in the tournament, so one game doesn't make that big of a difference.