2016 Mercury Season Thread

Discussion in 'Phoenix Mercury and Other Arizona Sports' started by thirty-two, May 25, 2016.

1. BC867

BC867 Long time Phoenician! Contributor

Into a 1-game playoff series. I hope the Mighty Mercury can put it all together. I think that Griner is the key.

2. thirty-two

thirty-two Cranky Contributor

Griner has really stepped it up these last few games (just my opinion). She seems to be more aggressive in the paint which is great to see.

Anything can happen in a 1 game series. Let's go Mercury! Sucks the game is st 3pm tomorrow.

3. thirty-two

What a great win!!!

Next game vs Liberty this Saturday at 4pm

4. Dback Jon

Dback Jon Killer Snail Contributor

Go Mercury!

5. thirty-two

What a game!!!! DT has ice cold veins. BG played LIGHTS OUT. Bonner had some huge steals. What a fantastic win!!!

6. BC867

BC867 Long time Phoenician! Contributor

What a great victory. Griner with, what was it, 20 points, 9 boards and 4 blocks. As great as Diana Taurus is, if she has an off day, DeWanna (my favorite Mercury player) can step up. But it takes a solid game from Brittney for us to win. And she did. And they did.

BBA -- Beat the Big Apple. And we did. Now it is on to regular series rather than one sudden death game. They are peaking at just the right time. But they do have a tough series coming up. Go, Mighty Mercury.

7. thirty-two

The Mercury made a good run of it in the beginning of the playoffs but couldn't ever seem to get going against Minnesota. They exceeded my expectations in terms of the first two sudden death games to even make it to the series with Minnesota.

Good luck and thank you to Penny Taylor who played her last WNBA game today.